Thursday, May 05, 2005

God promised me

In light of recent events (temporary blindness ... temporary deafness ... and due to repeated attempts to get my wandering attention I finally received the much needed-attention-attracting crack on the head) I have chosen to start my devotional time this morning studying Joshua 1:2-9.

God promised me:

A place provided by Him
My enemies cannot prevail over me
He would never leave me
He would never forsake me (abandon, give up on or leave me)

In order to receive His promise I must:

Be strong
Be very courageous
Be careful to obey the Word
Stay focused; Keep my eyes and ears on Him
Do not let the Word depart from my mouth
(If my mouth is filled with His Word there is no room for my “twolips”)
Meditate on the Word night and day
(If my mind is occupied with His Word there is little or no time for me to
“pick-it-2-death” or anything else)

By following this strategy I will receive His promises to be prosperous and successful. I will have no need to be discouraged or afraid. I will know God is with me wherever I go. The evidence will speak for itself.